Monday, May 9, 2016

Emboss It: Simon Says Stamp Monday Challange

Today's blog post is my entry to this weeks Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is called Emboss It. I really wanted to use my embossing powders and heat tool, but since my little craft nook is not yet set up with a power adapter I had to scrap that idea! So I decided to use one of my few embossing folders and see what I could come up with! (Few because of lack of funds, not interest. If I had money I'm fairly sure I'd buy every embossing folder in sight!

I used a Spellbinders folder, I can't remember the name off the top of my head. (I'll update when I can check it!) and I had a really hard time getting it through my Big Shot! I tried with all tabs open and it was still a no go. In the end I ran it through on a cutting plate, all tabs down but no cutting plate on top. It worked beautifully but I'm not sure if that's ok to do? I did not have this trouble with my other embossing folders.

Anywho! I wanted my card to feel warm so I inked up the embossed image with Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge. I then cut some strips of pattern paper (with sparkles!) and adhered them on one side. I used the Simon Says Stamp painted thanks die (free with an order from Simon!) with gold cardstock and I also diecut it a few times on plain cardstock and glued them together with Tombo Mono Multi Glue, to give it just a little dimension. I added some sequins and some clear Wink of Stella to some of the raised flowers and the front was done!

I used some of the same pattern paper leftovers for the inside of the card. Quick Tip!: I wanted the brownish strips to be pretty thin and I didn't want to used liquid glue so before cutting them down to size I used double sided tape on the back of the paper. Once the strips were cut I could peel the backing off the tape and stick into place! Handy!

Ok, I have rambled enough! Time for photos!

Front

Inside

Close up


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out the card! Have a great day  :D











1 comments:

Sandra said...

Fabulous card, love the folding and the embossing is lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Post a Comment